Nesting Incubation and Entrepreneurship for leveraging Agri-innovations in Nutri-cereals (NIELAN) also known as or called as Nutrihub is a Technology Business Incubator is an initiative of Centre for Excellence (CoE) on value addition in Millets, ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad.
It promotes Innovations and Entrepreneurship in the areas of Millets and Nuti cereals sector which is a unique and first of its kind to cater start-ups needs in the country Nutihub is supported by NSTEDB (National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board), DST (Department Of Science and Technology) Government of India. Nutrihub aims to help entrepreneurs to ideate, incubate and accelerate their innovative early-stage startups into successful ventures by providing value-added product technologies in millets, infrastructural support, mentoring, networking and business advisory. The incubator brings farmers, entrepreneurs, mentors, agri-academicians and Agri scientists together to create a vibrant start-up ecosystem. Nurihub will handhold the start-ups in achieving this by providing them space and facilities to test their ideas by guiding them in matters related to entrepreneurship, thereby by providing them a platform to discuss and collaborate with industries. Nurihub will also organize workshops on various aspects of entrepreneurship opportunities in millets, millet cultivation, millet value-added products, new venture creation, business plan making and the establishment of a millet-based product line. This will help translate the ideas of start-ups into tangible commercial products, thereby putting forward an ecosystem between Millet Farmers, startups, industries and the end user. Experience and expertise at Nutrihub and IIMR in the areas of millets and technologies, Management, Innovation and Technology Networks along with entrepreneurship will provide the necessary impetus and intellectual basis for this initiative.
- To handhold, mentor and promote start-ups in Nutri-cereals thereby creating value-added jobs, products and services.
- Promoting new technologies, knowledge and innovation to new start-ups.
- To facilitate technology commercialization; undertake last mile scale-up from pilot level of the value chain in collaboration with stakeholders.
- To undertake capacity building to prospective entrepreneurs, consultancies; promote or facilitate business development.
- To make Nutrihub a long-term self-sustainable model by providing value-added incubation services to entrepreneurs.